With online fraud being more common than ever, it’s only natural to get suspicious when spotting numbers we don’t recognize in our bank account history. Have you spotted 402-935-7733 and don’t know what it might be? Rest assured that everything’s okay.
This article will cover what PayPal 402 935 7733 means and ways to protect yourself online. Shopping in eCommerce platforms comes so naturally that we don’t even think twice. But we should!
What Is PayPal 402-935-7733?
Surprisingly, this phone number is PayPal’s customer service number. If the online store you made a purchase in uses PayPal, this number tag may appear on your bank account.
But rest assured that there’s nothing to worry about. It’s only a tag so you know they’re the ones who processed the charge. Sometimes the number appears accompanied by a “ca” or a California address, but the purpose doesn’t change.
Are You a Victim of Fraud?
It’s only natural to get suspicious in these situations, especially if you haven’t used the platform recently or don’t have an account. But before jumping to conclusions, take a step back and think about the following questions:
- Have you made an online purchase recently via PayPal?
- Have you donated money via the platform?
- Do you have monthly, weekly, or yearly subscriptions?
- Does anyone have access to your card and security number?
Hopefully, these questions will solve your doubts. If you still don’t know what the charge accounts for, it may be time to report an unauthorized transaction. The platform will investigate the transaction and get back to you within 10 days.
Signs of Potential Scams
We’ve established that PayPal 402-935-7733 is most likely not concerning. Now let’s review signs that should set off your alarms.
As mentioned at the beginning of the article, online scams are more frequent than ever. To protect yourself, watch out for these red flags before it’s too late:
• You receive an SMS from your bank account or apparently reliable sources like Amazon asking to click a link. This is known as phishing, and you should stay away from clicking links unless you make sure the source is one hundred percent reliable. Legit SMS will provide useful information and avoid asking for personal information.
• The website commences with http instead of https. Every time you’re in an eCommerce or about to make a purchase, ensure that the website is legit. Https means that there’s a secure connection between you and the site.
• The payment method is not secure. When you purchase online, you want to look for secure payment methods like PayPal. That’s one of the reasons why probably seeing 402-935-7733 in your bank account means nothing. PayPal or Visa cards are safe payment methods, while Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, for example, might not be.
• There are few or no online reviews. Unless the store has just opened, being unable to find reviews may be a red flag. Users tend to share their online experiences to help others, whether positive or negative.
• There are too many positive reviews at once. On the contrary, beware if there are 10 great ones in the span of three days. The online world can be tricky!
• They ask you for personal, compromising details. Any eCommerce will ask for your address and name so they can deliver the products. But distrust those who straight-up request personal information without you having ordered anything. It’s most likely a scam.
How to Stay Safe Using PayPal
Last but not least, here are some tips to stay secure while using the platform. Hopefully, you’ll never encounter a scammer.
It’s worth noting that this website first appeared for one particular reason: to pay online without having to share your personal information. It’s a way of purchasing online safely in itself. But no protection is too little, so let’s take a look at the tips:
- Keep track of the transactions regularly to spot any unauthorized payments.
- Set purchase limits. Whether you have a lot of money or not, set purchase limits so scammers can’t take much advantage of you.
- Use strong passwords and reset them every few months. You’d be surprised by how easy it can be for hackers to break into users’ accounts.
The Bottom Line
- Finding PayPal 402-935-7733 in your bank account is not concerning, as it’s their customer service number.
- If you haven’t made recent purchases, contact the platform to report an unauthorized transaction.
- To stay safe online, change your passwords frequently, keep track of your transactions regularly, and never open unreliable links.